Modern Chinese-style planting was influenced by Japanese ikebana and Western-style planting, learning from each other and adding new ideas to traditional Chinese planting. The more common basic styles of Chinese flower arrangement are as follows: pattern flower arrangement, natural flower arrangement, line flower arrangement, bonsai flower arrangement and game flower arrangement.
(1) Patterned flower arrangement, also known as “regular flower arrangement”, is a more standardized method of flower arrangement and has higher artistic requirements. Commonly used for pot flower arrangements. The styling must be designed before the flower arrangement, and then select the flower branch that is the main flower, and then supplement it with other flowers, and take both the front and the side into consideration, so that it can meet the requirements of pattern design.
(2) Natural Flower Arrangement Since ancient times, people have been keen to reproduce the natural growth posture of flowers and plants. In addition to ceramics, paintings, etc., this artistic technique also has natural flower arrangements. This kind of insertion method requires a symmetrical balance between the flower branches, flowers, fruits, and leaves in several aspects, so that its shape gives people a natural beauty. This flower arrangement can be inserted in pots or bottles.
(3) Line-style flower arrangement, also known as “arc-shaped flower arrangement”, requires the modeling to maintain a certain arc-shaped line and have artistic integrity. The expressiveness of lines is very rich, showing the existence of an invisible force. Various styles of lines express different connotations, such as strong and powerful lines expressing masculinity, slender and flexible lines expressing warm and beautiful charm, and so on. The planting method is to select three beautiful flower branches, cut them to different lengths, and fix the flower branches in three different positions and directions so that they do not cross or overlap each other. Tall bottles can be used for this flower arrangement.
(4) Bonsai-style flower arrangement This is a flower arrangement that focuses on the artistic conception and is elegant in conception. It does not require colorful flower arrangements. Since it is generally only for viewing from the front, the point of view should be slightly higher when arranging flowers. A flower seat (flower needle) is required in the pot to fix the flower branches. The flowers should be shallow, and the shallow pots of the landscape bonsai are used for better results. As for the shape of the basin, it can be oval, rectangular, square, round, and so on.
(5) Game-style flower arrangement This is a new artistic flower arrangement form, which breaks through the traditional tradition of mainly flower branches, and shows the atmosphere of nature. Game flower arrangement brings the atmosphere of the countryside into the room, and makes good use of wild flowers, wild fruits, weeds, especially branches, leaves, flowers and fruits of wild and aquatic plants as flower arrangement materials, with its unique style.